The escalivada and mushrooms toast is a typical dish of Valencia, Murcia, Aragon and especially Catalonia, which is where the name comes from. It’s simple to make, and perfect as an entree for any meal. It carries vegetables, mushrooms and bread, so it is difficult to find something more natural.
In addition, the good thing is that you can add or take away what you want, and it will look great as well. It is not one of those recipes that you have to follow to the letter (although you will love our option for sure), but you can use your imagination and make your toast with escalivada and mushrooms perfect. Of course, if you decide to change an ingredient do not hesitate to upload it to the networks and tag us, so we can see the result.
Ingredients for the escalivada and mushrooms toast:
2 figueres onions
2 red peppers
1 full garlic head
2 slices of quality bread
Bolettus for salads and soups
1. Wrap the garlic head with aluminum foil. Roast in the oven for about 45 minutes at 160ºC.
2. Wash the vegetables with a moist paper. Put on a baking tray with salt and oil and roast at 180ºC until golden and soft (about 40 minutes).
3. Remove from the oven and cover immediately. Let stand 30 minutes.
4. Peel and remove seeds. Cut into strips and reserve.
5. With the pulp of the garlic, make a crushed mixture with oil and salt. Reserve.
6. Prepare the mushrooms and stir fry in a pan. Reserve.
7. Toast the bread and spread with the mashed mix.
8. Put the escalivada on top.
9. Place the mushrooms and a few leaves of arugula with a little oil.
If you want to see more recipes for all tastes and made with Bolettus, visit our YouTube channel!